Are you in the mood for something amazingly delicious? Well, start making these right now!
They are very simple to make and really hit the spot. In case you don’t want to link to either of those websites to find the recipe, here’s how I made it:
1/2 cup + 1 Tbs butter
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 Heath or Skor bars, ground to bits
1 roll refrigerated cookie dough (Or make your own. Might I suggest this recipe?)
2 cups (one 12 oz bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13″ pan. Let dough stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Place 32 graham cracker squares in a gallon-size ziplock bag. Use a rolling pin to crush them to crumbs. The smaller you get your pieces, the better. Also use a chopping knife to dice the toffee bars to bits.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs with 1/2 cup of melted butter and 2 toffee bars worth of bits.
- Press crust into the bottom of your pan and set in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the fudge:
- In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate chips, 1 Tbs of butter and sweetened condensed milk over medium heat. Stir frequently until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla
- Let stand for a few minutes and then pour over the graham cracker crust.
And for the grand finale:
- Break the cookie dough up into small pieces and crumble over the fudge layer.
- Take remaining toffee bits and graham cracker crumbs and sprinkle over cookie dough.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Once concoction has been baked and cooled, place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Hints: This is pretty good warm (just check out the ingredients and that’s not hard to tell). But it is much better the following day, after complete cooling. Seriously.
Also, I think the semi-sweet chocolate chips make the fudge layer very rich. I would like to try using milk chocolate chips in the future to see how that tastes.